Saturday 18 June 2011

Diabetes awareness week: The final day

So diabetes awareness week 2011 has come to an end, and what a week it has been. On Mondays the parents of children with type 1 diabetes came together and managed to make a large pharmaceutical company (Lloyds) take responsibly for a misleading advert that they aired on Sunday night to start diabetes awareness week. We got them to take it off the air, rework it, and apologise for the error that they made. Don't mess with the type 1 parents!! I have done my bit, I hope, by adding a blog each day and linking it to my Facebook account so I can reach a wider audience. Education is the key, because until a cure is found we need to do all we can to try and prevent children being mis diagnosed,ending up in DKA, or losing their lives altogether.

As a parent of a child with type 1 diabetes, I have made many on line friends within the diabetic community. We are committed to find a cure for our children, and at the moment all we can do is HOPE that it comes sooner rather than latter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2uE0TlBZGc

No comments:

Post a Comment