Saturday 15 December 2012

Diabetes burnout!

It's been a while since I have written anything, and the only thing I can put this down to is diabetes burnout.
After the evening when I couldn't wake Samuel I've been in a bit of a bad place, and its taken me a while to get out of it. I've not really want to know if that makes sense, obviously I can't get away from it, I am Samuels main carer, so I have no choice but to think about it every day. However, I have managed to distance myself slightly, and I've had to do it for the sake of my sanity.
Facebook, is a fantastic place, I've met many people online who are in the same position as me, and have a child, or children with type 1 diabetes, I've joined many groups, but its sometimes too much to handle.
We have just had diabetes awareness month, and world diabetes day, and last year I posted a fact each day, I updated this blog constantly, I put up links, but this year I couldn't face it. I turned my profile picture blue but that's as far as I went and I removed myself from some of the fb groups.

Yes, my son has type 1 diabetes, as does my husband, and yes it is constantly on my mind, but I have to try and distance myself sometimes, otherwise I will drive myself crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment